Monday, May 31, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
- A source is telling the New York Post that the teen prostitute who allegedly got together with ... Read More
- By Dr. Boyce Watkins, PhD on May 15th 2010 3:35PM | Comments (0)
- I love the city of Cleveland. I also feel bad for the city, since there isn't much to cheer for ... Read More
- By Dr. Boyce Watkins, PhD on May 15th 2010 10:29AM | Comments (5)
- From Politic365 - "1. Immerse yourself within the flow of information. Identify a few news websites ... Read More
- By Lucette Jefferson on May 15th 2010 6:00AM | Comments (2)
- From Politic 365: The announcement of Elena Kagan could not really be called a surprise, since the ... Read More
- By Lucette Jefferson on May 15th 2010 6:00AM | Comments (6)
- From The Root: Long before her recent death at 92, Lena Horne had become a recluse, living alone ... Read More
- By Lucette Jefferson on May 15th 2010 6:00AM | Comments (1)
- Beyonce's 2008 hit 'Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)' spawned a string of video remakes that had ... Read More
- By Brennan Williams on May 14th 2010 6:24PM | Comments (29)
Monday, May 3, 2010
The NCAA men's basketball tournament is expanding, starting next season, but not on the large scale once expected.
The sport's signature event will grow to 68 teams from 65 in conjunction with a new 14-year, nearly $11 billion television agreement with CBS and Turner Sports announced Thursday. That gives the NCAA a 41% hike in annual media and marketing rights connected to the tournament — and "financial stability through the first quarter of this century," interim President Jim Isch said — without the controversy of a more dramatic move to a 96-team bracket.
Negotiations with CBS/Turner, ESPN and Fox Sports initially had targeted a 96-team field, drawing concern and criticism from traditionalists and others over the impact on the tournament's aesthetics, effect on college basketball's regular season and conference tournaments and potential for further intrusion on players' time and studies.