Friday, October 2, 2009

NAS TRYING TO HELP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Moved by the senseless beating death of a 16-year-old honor student by gang members in Chicago, rapper Nas has written an open letter to teens who throw away their future by battling each other.       

Nas, who lost his close friend Willie “Ill Will” Graham to senseless violence in 1992, wrote the following open letter, via allhiphop.com:      

Dear Young Warriors fighting the wrong wars! Killing each other is definitely played out. Being hurt from the lost of a love one was never cool. Dear Young Warriors fighting the wrong war! I know that feeling, that frustration with life and needing to take it out on someone, any one. But we chose the dumbest things to go the hardest for. I remember seeing deaths over 8 ball jackets, Filas, and name plate chains. Deaths over 'he say she say'!!!!! 'I’m from this block or I’m from that block”, or 'my moms n pops is f***ed up now the whole world gotta pay!!!

 

 

No comments: