Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lady Drama: Derrick Rose of the Bulls Seems to be “Set claiming”


Derrick Rose

 

Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls is trying to say that he’s not flashing a gang sign.  But let’s see – he grew up around gangs and his fingers probably don’t naturally look that way.  I’m not sure if I believe his story.

But here is his statement:

"Recently, a photo has been circulating on the Internet which appears to depict me flashing a gang sign," Rose said in the statement. "This photo of me was taken at a party I attended in Memphis while I was in school there, and was meant as a joke ... a bad one, I now admit. I want to emphatically state, now and forever, that Derrick Rose is anti-gang, anti-drug, and anti-violence. I am not, nor have I ever been, affiliated with any gang and I can't speak loudly enough against gang violence, and the things that gangs represent.

"In posing for this picture, I am guilty of being young, naive and of using extremely poor judgment. I sincerely apologize to all my fans for my mistake. I pride myself on being a good citizen, and role model, that young people can look up to and I want to urge all my young fans to stay away from gangs and gang-related activities."

No comments: